4.27.2012

number 107

the weekend is almost here, and i could not be more ready for it! andrew is heading out of town with his grad school buddies, and my mom is coming to visit!!! i'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend, pretty weather, and doing lots of girly stuff with my very first gal pal. here a few more things on the agenda:
friday-five-girls-weekend
1  |  i really love yogurt…with sprinkles. i think it must be a requirement of every sorority girl (past and present) to have an obsession with froyo. i'm no exception. saturday afternoon would be a great time to take a long walk, and go get some yoges from yoforia.

2  |  if my mom and i have anything in common, it’s the love of mexican food. it just always seems to be the default selection – if we can’t decide where to go, “let’s get mexican!!”, and it always pleases. cantina 1511 is one of my favorite spots around charlotte. she’s been here a few times already, but “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!” p.s. their guac is amazing!

3  |  judging by the looks of my ragged fingernails, i think a mani-pedi is in order. i'd love to try out the new zoya blogger collection – featuring one of my favorite blogger’s (kate from the small things blog) color appropriately named “kate” – pictured here in the middle! it’s a great grapefruit-y pink-y red!

4  |  i heard a dirty rumor that the weather is supposed to be nice this weekend. what would be more perfect than sitting on the patio drinking a glass of sangria? this recipe is my favorite (7up instead of carbonated water).

5  |  this week has been super hectic – just a lot of work, mostly. but it also seems that everyone has had a flair for the dramatic. i'm really looking forward to a relaxing weekend…away from the drama.
i'm linking up with alex and lauren today for their own “friday five” and “high five for friday”.

Photobucket










happy weekend!

2 comments:

Emily said...

sounds so fun! wish i could join in with my fave gf's. xo to both!

Bringing the Beauty to You! said...

FroYo is the best. I love Kate's zoya polish color. I hope I get it in my Birchbox!

Older Older