5.24.2012

number 117

for some reason i feel the strong urge to break out in song:


it’s RACE weekend! more importantly, it’s memorial day weekend and we have friends and family coming in to town for the coca-cola 600 nascar race held right here in charlotte. [concord, to be exact] i went to my first nascar race last fall with the men in my life [husband, bro, dad], and in all honesty, had a blast! 1. i love to people watch, and really doesn’t get much better than at a nascar race!  2. i was raised in arkansas and southern virginia, so it’s fun to be able to channel [and embrace] my inner redneck. since i've been slacking this week on the posts, not only do you get a fun song, you get an outfit as well! here’s my attire for sunday at the track:
redneck-racin-weekend
1  |  i thought i'd keep it simple in a white v-neck since i'm going all out on the shorts. my favorite is this one from old navy. it’s got a soft slub knit that’s comfortable for all day wear, but not too sheer!

2  |  i spent the better half of last weekend diy’ing my shorts! after scooping some $7 jeans from a local consignment/thrift store, i put a paintbrush in my hand and got patriotic. i used this tutorial and some [pin]spiration to help me through it! mine actually turned out pretty well! click here to preview a snippet. might post a better image later!

3  |  i might be the only southern sorority girl who, before a month ago, didn’t own a pair of cowboy boots. but since i don’t wear them too frequently i decided to score some on ebay, which i did – for $30. if you look, you will find them too. i seriously love ebay.

4  |  i won’t be sporting these ray-bans, but i will be wearing my cheap aviators i bought at the beach one year. probably cost me about $11 from alvin’s island, if i had to guess. regardless, there’s no way i would take my nice glasses out there - not with my track record [pun intended. hah!].

5  |  lastly, no redneck woman is complete without her cheap light beer. preferably consumed with some barbecue and baked beans, thank you.

hope everyone has a safe, and happy memorial day! “SHAKE AND BAKE”…sorry.

what are your plans for the holiday weekend?

2 comments:

Erin said...

Oh how I love everything about this post. Sometimes you just gotta get down and get dirty with a bottle to your face. Have an amazing time!

Laura Wyatt said...

hahaha you summed it up perfectly, right there!

Older Older