7.11.2009

number 24

groomsmen comes from the old native-american word gruhmiquano meaning awesome family and friend. just kidding. but they are part of my awesome family and friends. my favorite men...

john tappan is laura's kid/man brother. so i kinda of look at him as the little brother i never had, but without all of things you dislike about little brothers. he attends radford university (wants to be like his future bro-in law haha). i am excited about joining his fam and i'm proud to call him a friend. he can always be counted on for a laugh. hopefully one day he can make me a better golfer.

jason burnette is dear friend of mine from high school through grad school. we've been through lots that has made us who we are today. i can remember playing against jason in basketball and baseball when we were tiny. he's always there to lend a ear if you need him or to gamble (he LOVES cards). jason is a truly great friend and i miss him now that he lives in greenville, nc.

david richardson and i go wayyyy back to good'ol blairs middle school all the way through tunstall sr. high, dcc, ru undergrad, and ru grad school. needless to say, we've hung out a few times. through dave's tutelage i learned many things, mainly not to be an idiot/pansy and how to play pool. david is one of the best friends i could ask for and i miss him (he's living in richmond).

ben swanson is my other big brother. since i was lucky enough to have him join my family (way to go sarah), ben has been an awesome friend. he brings lots to the table (wise and sagacious, funny, musical talent, and t-shirts haha) and takes nothing off it. ben is such a great person, my only qualm is that he lives in indiana and i don't get to see him as much as i should.

andy morrin was my roommate for two years at radford. he's the nicest person you'll ever meet and the greatest madden player i know. he is basically an offensive genius. andy taught me the ways of the man cave and we've had the best of times. andy has my back and i have his. he is a true friend in every sense of the word and i'm lucky to know him.

brad dalton and i have been thick as thieves since we were 7 or so. i still remember sunday school, roller blading, backyard football, crashing dirt bikes, and every other tremendous thing we did. i am pretty sure the definition of good is brad dalton; he is so genuine, sincere, and just...an amazing friend and person. he always makes me laugh and i know he will have my back forever.

mack wyatt has known me for my whole life; all 26 years. he is the greatest big brother in the history of the universe. mack is mad-scientist level smart and he's taught me so much (computers, cars, video games to name a few), that it is obvious how remarkably blessed i am. i love him and i am honored to have stand with me.

my best man was a simple choice. my father, mike wyatt, is considered by most historians to be the gold standard for dads. i cannot imagine growing up without him. he never missed a game or anything else i did. paps has always been there when i needed him. he shaped me into the man i am today and set the bar (insanely high) at the man i want to become. there is no better man, he is the best and i love him.

No comments:

Older Older