9.25.2012

number 170

champagne cork and confettiimage via

so today i'm twenty-seven years old. sometimes throughout the year i have days where the smallest problems seem so huge… i forget to look around and see all the good that’s in my life, reflect, and be thankful. today’s a good day for that: i have 27 years behind me - filled with great memories from great people. i have a happy and healthy husband who tells me he loves me and kisses me every day, two parents who are wonderful role models and who still love each other so much, a wonderful family (immediate, extended, and in-law) that i wouldn't trade for anything in the world, a boatload of amazing girlfriends who make me so so happy (even though we're hours apart), and even the simple things that i take for granted all too often: a steady paycheck, an un-leaky roof over my head, 3 meals a day, my health, a beautiful, safe city to live in, two healthy and affectionate kitties, and a ton more.

my goal for year 27 is to remember these things every day. in reality, not every day can be champagne and confetti, but keeping this little list of thankfuls in mind can really put those “huge” problems into perspective.

1 comment:

Carolina Charm said...

Happy, happy birthday, Laura! Let's get together again soon for a champagne and confetti celebration! Have a wonderful day.

Older Older