1.02.2013

NUMBER 195



holy hiatus! so as you can see, since december 21, i've pretty much been checked out. andrew and i took a whole week off (and then some) to play and spend time with our families over the holidays. this is the first year that both sets of parents haven't lived in the same town. we were a little worried at how the logistics would work out, but i think he would agree that it went off without a hitch. we came back to town this weekend - just in time to ring in the new year with some of our favorite friends!

i've been reading everyone's blog posts today about their new year's resolutions, and putting a lot of thought into what i hope for the new year. a new year seems so much to be a time for change. changes in health, location, finances, eating habits, etc. looking back at 2012, there was a LOT of change - mostly really good!
we moved in to our first home
my brother moved to charlotte
my parents moved out of my "hometown"
one of my best friends moved all the way to texas
and other not-so-major things
mostly only changes in scenery, and life continues on as it should. however, change alters routines and my everyday norm - which can sometimes make me feel a bit "off". SO, where am i going with this?

my hope for 2013 is LESS change! in 2013 i'll be...tweaking my routine to encourage a healthier, happier lifestyle (maybe getting up a bit earlier and eating a bit lighter), enjoying our new home with my awesome husband, staying in charlotte more weekends, living in the present, being more grateful, worrying less, and smiling more.

Bob Marley Quote Art Print: Love the Life You Live, Live The Life You Loveimage via

No comments:

Older Older