3.08.2013

NUMBER 218

the observant turtle
today, i'm linking up with sweet whitney over at the observant turtle for her international badge day link up! this week, she's invited bloggers to share their sorority experiences and celebrate greek life!

i knew, way before i started college in the fall of 2003, that i wanted to be in a sorority. one of my older cousins, who i still look up to so very much, joined a sorority in college, and that was all the info i needed to decide that i was going to be in one too. i can still remember my last pref party, late and in the freezing cold - how narrowing it down to 1 choice had been so easy. i had no idea then how much that easy decision would impact the rest of my life. my pledge sisters would eventually become my bridesmaids and my leadership roles would shape me into the woman i am today.

i cannot say enough wonderful things about my experience in zeta tau alpha. i met some of the most important people in my life by joining the greek community at virginia tech. even 6 years after graduation, our tight-knit group has celebrated highest highs and mourned lowest lows together. i wouldn't trade my 4 years at virginia tech for anything, and being in a sorority with these amazing women MADE my college experience.

anti-greek hipsters can make comments like "joining a sorority is just paying for your friends". if i paid for my friends, it's the best investment i've ever made.

for your enjoyment: some vintage snapshots and my ever changing hairstyles.

80s Bowling - Em, Alex, & LauraGreek Awards - Em, Em, LauraMy 21st - First Time at TOTSTOTS - Margo, Tara, Foy, Laura, Emily, AlexVT vs. Clemson - (33)

3 comments:

April of Smidge Of This said...

Big fan of Greek life here! I was an ADPi and I feel the friendships I made were definitely the best part of my college experience.

Your hair in that last pic ... LOVE LOVE LOVE. Maybe I'm just a little biased as a brunette :) But it looks so HAWT on you!

Whitney said...

Aw, I love it! Thank you so much for linking up! I love that line about paying for your friends. It's so true. If I did, it's the best decision I've ever made!

Autumn @ The Unreal Life said...

Love it! Thank you so much for joining the link up!

Older Older