8.16.2013

NUMBER 253

this week BLEW by, and i'm so thankful for that! it seems as if fall is here already – we’re in the high 60’s/low 70’s all weekend [but in my mind, it’s 85 and sunny, and i'm at the beach already]. linking up today with april, darci, christina, and natasha for their weekly five on friday! here we go!
five-on-friday5
1  |  i scored the cutest cover-up that i've ever seen a new bright bikini for vacay at marshall’s this week – all for $37. i was completely giddy over the fact that the original pricetag for the cover-up said $96 and it only cost me $10! don’t you LOVE when that happens!
2  |  this time next week, i'll be packing my bags for vacation. if that’s not reason to celebrate, i don’t know what is! my family is originally from arkansas, so we’ve been traveling to destin,fl for vacation since i was little. we moved to the east coast when i was in middle school,but  it only took us 2 vacations to the atlantic to decide there’s nothing like that white sand and emerald waters of the gulf! we’ve decided the 12 hour drive is worth it!
3  |  last weekend we celebrated my mom’s birthday. i stopped by the farmer’s market and grabbed these beauties for the birthday gal! $10 will buy you this gorgeous bouquet, and 20 will get you one twice this size! can’t beat it! i'm planning on heading back today for more to brighten up the abode for my little houseguest [see #5]!
4  |  we’ve lived in our house for 10 months now and i'm JUST now getting pictures hung. i used wrapping paper to map out my little “gallery wall” and hammered away! it’s not a perfect science, but it gets the job done! this project took about an hour from start to finish!
5  |  andrew’s away at a golf tournament which means i'm having a girls’ weekend! one of my best friends, lori beth is bringing her skinny bootie to charlotte, and i couldn’t be more excited! on the agenda: makeovers at laura mercier [along with free champs], cowfish [duh], bridesmaid dress shopping [she’s a bride-to-be!], ikea, and forever 21. looking forward to spending some quality time with this gal!
HAPPY WEEKEND!

9 comments:

Courtney said...

Those flowers are gorgeous! And your gallery wall is inspiration for me to finally plan one out for my home...the diplomas look so good!

Jaclyn Y said...

Beautiful flowers for your madre! I've lived in my house two years and I'm still procrastinating about things I swore I'd do! So bad!

xxx
Jaclyn
http://www.loveandbellinis.com

Maran (HeyHawleywood) said...

I love Marshalls. I never walk out of there empty handed.

April of Smidge Of This said...

Your girls weekend sounds per-er-erfect.

Happily Ever Parker said...

Got to love a good markdown!! I got a Joie top that was $208 for $25 at Marshall's last week. Score!

Happily Ever Parker said...

Got to love a good markdown!! I got a Joie top that was $208 for $25 at Marshall's last week. Score!

Madeline {elle + j} said...

your girls weekend sounds perfect!! have so much fun!

Carolina Charm said...

sounds like you have a perfect girls weekend planned!

and i need to shop at marshalls with you. I never have the patience to sift through the clothes section long enough to find something awesome.

Katy said...

I spent part of my childhood in Booneville, AR. Ever heard of it?? And I'll be doing the same thing with getting pictures hung at our house! We'll be lucky if I get everything up within a year :)

Older Older