9.06.2013

NUMBER 257

so i'm full of empty promises and haven’t had a sec to put together my vacay-wrap-up post! instead, i'm dropping by today for a little five on friday action with darci, christina, april, and natasha!

five-on-friday

1  |  alex and i received a little surprise text yesterday from our good friend emily with some very valuable information. apparently we’re the carrie underwood fanatics in our group – who knew?! mrs. fisher is coming out with her very own opi nicole line which debuts in january 2014. can’t wait to try some of these new hues!

2  |  yesterday was my dad’s birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD! we’re driving up to greensboro tomorrow for a little beer brewing [and beer drinking] in honor of the birthday boy! i love this old throwback picture of my dad and me! it’s so fun/creepy to look back at old pictures of him and see the extreme resemblance to my brother now!

3  |  i'm feeling incredibly thankful for my little fur babies this week. it’s a well-known fact that i'm approaching the “crazy cat lady” title [if i'm not there already], so it’s no surprise that andrew and i both got really freaked out [ex: me, in tears] when we almost OD’d our cats on flea treatments this week. lesson to be learned: don’t just go for the cheapest brand of flea prevention [hartz, sergeants], they can be incredibly hazardous to your pet’s health. go ahead, splurge on the good stuff at the vet if you want to keep fido and fluffy around for a while.

4  |  i'm not a tried and true PSL gal. *gasp* i know! i'm more of a chai latte lover. i'd love to whip up this homemade chai vanilla latte creamer! i think it would be a nice little transition into fall!

5  |  although i'm not crazy about a PSL, i do love a great spiced donut! i had my first little pumpkin muchkin from dunkin’ donuts last week, and i know it won’t be the last. i've never made homemade donuts before, but i'm thinking i might add that to my fall bucket list! image via

HAPPY [ALMOST FALL] WEEKEND!

8 comments:

Bri Buzali said...

I love everything on your top-5 list! Can't wait to try that nail polish!

SLH said...

Mmm Chai. My favorite drink from the 'Bucks is an Iced Soy Chai. It tastes like cookies!

[darci @ the good life] said...

Your Five on Friday posts always rock my world!! I'm loving the nail polish (and the colors you shared in the post below too!!!).

And why in the world do I not have a Dunkin' Donuts in decent proximity to my casa?! I NEED a pumpkin spice donut!

Happy weekend to you, friend!!! I've sent a few girls your information, so hopefully they'll be contacting you soon for a new blog design! :)

April of Smidge Of This said...

I so need a spiced donut right this very minute.

Great list friend :)

Hill said...

I'm usually not a big Dunkin' Donuts fan but I think I'll have to make an exception for a pumpkin muchkin!

All Things Cherish said...

I just pinned a recipe for pumpkin spice donuts. Definitely need to either make some or get my tush to DD stat! Have a great weekend!

Fash Boulevard said...

OMG! Carrie's having an OPI line? Ahhh! Best news all day. lol. Seriously can't wait. Great post, love. :) If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. xo

The Peanut Program said...

ah! a fellow crazy cat lady! Me too :) cute cats. i have two also!

Older Older