9.13.2013

NUMBER 259

it’s friday!! i haven’t been the best blogger lately, but i'm staying faithful to my favorite post each week – five on friday! i'm linking up with some of my favorites: april, christina, darci, and natasha for their weekly link up! you should too – all the cool kids are doing it!
five-on-friday7
1  |  earlier this week, alex was raving about pottery barn’s mercury glass pumpkins. what’s a girl to do when you don’t want to pay the pottery barn price tag? find them cheaper at kirklands, duh. and you can light these up if you’re feeling extra spooky.
2  |  although the weather isn’t quite cooperating with my state of mind, i put together a little fall crockpot meal this week. one of my go-to favorites is red beans and rice. i've been using this recipe for years, and it never fails. the only bad part? my hands smelled like chopped onions all day.
3  | we’re headed to virginia for the weekend to celebrate our good friends’, marc and lori beth’s, engagement. the party will be at marc’s parents’ picture perfect home on smith mountain lake, one that andrew and i have been lucky to be guests at too many times to count. so excited to celebrate the beginning of married life for these two love birds!
4  |  last weekend, mom took me on a little pre-birthday shopping trip and just couldn’t leave francesca’s without this gorgeous dress. i'm wearing it to the party on saturday and can’t wait to sport it when the weather gets cooler with some tall boots!
5  |  lastly, being in danville for the weekend wouldn’t complete without some niece snuggles. these little girls are growing so fast into young ladies, and our time with them is so so precious! looking forward to some delicious home cooking and a beautiful virginia weekend!
HAPPY WEEKEND!

5 comments:

A.M. said...

I can't wait to borrow that dress! I can always count on you to find me the more affordable version of whatever I want for my house and how come I've never had these red beans and rice?!?!? Suspect if you ask me ;) xoxo

Cherish {A Girl, A Guy & A Golden} said...

A girl after my own heart, finding a cheaper, but just as cute, version of those pumpkins. A trip to Kirkland's is now on the list for this weekend, thanks for sharing! Have a fabulous time this weekend, we are in for amazing weather here so your timing couldn't be better!

Carolina Charm said...

THOSE MERCURY GLASS PUMPKINS!!!!! Nice find!!!

Have fun this weekend! :)

Jaclyn Y said...

Great find on the kirklands pumpkins!!! I may have to get some.

xxx
Jaclyn
http://www.loveandbellinis.com

Rachel said...

I definitely need to head to Kirkland's for those pumpkins. Adorable mantle decor!

Older Older