11.15.2013

NUMBER 273

i'm not a huge football fan, but at least once a year, andrew and i try to schedule a trip to my [our] beloved blacksburg for a hokie football game. it’s GORGEOUS this time of year and theres’s always fun to be had in southwest virginia! we've been fortunate enough to have some great friends that live in town and are nice enough to host us for the weekend! really couldn’t be luckier! we always have a perfect time, and the weekend is the perfect mix of nostalgia and cold weather! we’re packing up this afternoon and heading up 81 for the weekend, and i could not be more excited!!
in my previous life – before i was a hokie – maroon and orange, just didn’t seem quite right together. some would even argue that the colors clash [how dare they!] after 4 years of seeing nothing BUT the chicago maroon and burnt orange together, it’s now in my nature to snatch up anything and everything that resembles it. or at least snap a picture of it and send it to my college girlfriends in case they want it!  i was in jcpenney not too long ago and was truly shocked at the amount of items that had my beloved college color combo. for my five on friday [christina, april, darci, & natasha], i've compiled a little list of their online selection! you can bet i'll be sporting that striped top with some skinnies and my boots tomorrow at the tailgate!

five-on-friday-hokies

shirt  |  scarf  |  earrings  |  basket  |  cardigan

HAPPY [HOKIE] WEEKEND!

5 comments:

Jaclyn Y said...

I would never put maroon and orange together either, but it actually looks pretty good in things you picked out!

Megan said...

Love the new JCP line - I have to have all of it (thank goodness it is affordable). We will be there this weekend - Go Hokies!

April of Smidge Of This said...

Love JCP so much, I find myself there about once every two weeks!

Margo // The Overseas Escape said...

I agree with the ladies about - I love the JCP collection! Thanks for sharing, Laura! Wish I could've been there with you this weekend!! xo

Ashley Brickner said...

Just stumbled upon your blog and am so glad I did!!! Love these outfits & I went to school at Radford! My hubby lived in Blacksburg. :)

wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

Older Older