12.20.2013

NUMBER 280


WOO HOO! Christmastime is here! it’s 5 days until Christmas day! if i was a grinch, i would say that now is the time where things start getting a bit stressful: we get a little snappy trying to get all our ducks in a row before...family arrives, we start traveling, _______ [insert stressful event here]. OR you're cool as a cucumber because you used one of my Christmas “hacks” to get you through the madness! ok, so maybe these aren’t technically “hacks” – more like tricks that i’ve stumbled upon around the holidays. either way, i'm sharing them with you today for my five on friday! [thanks to april, darci, christina, and natasha]
1  |  i love the look of a crisp collared shirt under a cute sweater. what i don't love? when it's not smooth! solve the wrinkled/frumpy look by putting a tank top over your collared shirt [under the sweater].
2  |  i love presents. what i love more is presents with pretty bows. last year, i posted a super simple bow tutorial. learn it, memorize it, love it, and watch as your family and friends stand back in awe of your gorgeous christmas wrapping skillz.
3  |  i love big hair. lately, i've been curling my hair a bit different and am loving the outcome. first, i take my normal amount of hair [about a 2" chunk], and curl it with the curling iron. take that individual curl and wrap it with a velcro roller. repeat for your whole head. i do about 8 rollers for my whole head - not that time consuming. the result is soft, shiny, voluminous, curls!
4  |  i love re-inventing what i have. take 2 statement necklaces and layer them for a completely new look. this may seem like a no-brainer. i've been layering 2 gold chunky necklaces for the past month or so, and the compliments won't stop coming! if they have individual links, clip the ends to a link on the opposite necklace [still with me?] and secure at the back of your neck with a necklace extender [or if you’re me, a fancy safety pin, because i’m crafty like that].
5  |  i love fresh-looking makeup. make sure your red lips stay put! when i'm daring enough to sport red lips [the whole 3 times in my entire life] i apply my lipstick once, add a light dusting of translucent powder, then top with a second coat. using this quick fix, i've never had trouble with the lipstick cracking or smudging!
MERRY [ALMOST] CHRISTMAS!

7 comments:

Jess @ Living On Sweet Tea said...

I need help with red lipstick. I'm not sure where to start!

Unknown said...

Hey! I found you from Five on Friday! I'm so glad I did - your site is gorgeous and I'm excited to look around some more :) I always LOVE what you did the Wonderful Time of the Year print in the post below. Glad to have "met" you!

~Jenna

Carolina Charm said...

Awesome post!!! My fave is #2!!!! xo

Unknown said...

Sporting my red lips tonight - will def do your trick to keep it on! And I'll prob be purchasing some rollers tomorrow!!

Alyssa at Southern Abundance said...

#1 and #5 are huge hacks that I needed to know! Thank you so much for sharing with us :-)

April of Smidge Of This said...

Girl, you are so smart. Tank top over the button-down and underneath the sweater ... I love it!

Donna said...

Visiting from Five on Friday! I adore big bows on presents too, I always try to choose simple wrapping paper so I can go all out with the bow!

Older Older