2.04.2014

NUMBER 293

i've noticed a recent change in trend: the pendant necklace is coming back! i still love a good, short statement necklace, but i've found that some casual outfits can be bumped up [just a tad, my style] with a long pendant necklace. after seeing these gorgeous agate necklaces last week by poppy style, i decided to make one of my recent forever 21 purchases do double duty.

diy-agate-necklacediy-agate-necklace-2

i love DIY's that don't really involve DOING anything...they're more like, string this pendant on this necklace and you're done. that's exactly what i did. i recently spent a ton of money on a necklace at forever 21, wait…that’s not right…i got it dirt cheap and less than $5. it’s a nice necklace - i’m wearing it here. this weekend i stopped at hobby lobby and scooped up a [faux] agate pendant for $3 [with my 40% off coupon]. because the quality was so awesome, the little pendant hook came out immediately after i removed the packaging [go figure], and being the glass-half-full type, i simply strung the necklace through the hole in the middle. no pliers needed! now i can easily switch pendants whenever i want! it's the little things, y'all.

7 comments:

Hill said...

I love love love long pendant necklaces! This is such a good idea; I'll have to swing by my hobby lobby and see if I can find a similar pendant to try out

Whitney H said...

This is awesome! I'm the same as you, I love DIY projects that don't take much effort at all. That green color looks great with your hair!

Madeline {elle + j} said...

thanks for the shout out! And I LOVE your pendant- aren't they so easy and the best? I also have redone some forever 21 pieces or old cheap necklaces. I think pendants go with anything!

A.M. said...

oh wow I want one!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Love it!! I have always been more of a long necklace sort of girl and this is fab! Once the snow melts I might have to make my way to Hobby Lobby!

Older Older