6.21.2009

number 19

YAY! last weekend was a huge success for andrew and i! we really enjoyed the band, 58 west. they had a great feel, lots of energy, and a super playlist. we found ourselves singing along to most of their songs that night, so we're sure that everyone will really enjoy them come september! band? check!

despite my mom's best efforts and advice ("why don't you get something pretty and white?"), i ordered my garter today! if you haven't checked out http://www.etsy.com/, take a sec to do it now -- better yet, take a few hours (there are a TON of items out there!). this site is very well known in the blogosphere, but not so much throughout the internet itself. here, users can sell their handmade or vintage crafts, jewelry, or in my case, wedding garters, for a very thrifty price. you, in turn, get an awesome - one of a kind keepsake or gift! for your viewing pleasure: today's wedding purchase.

haha! i'm so excited! it fits perfectly with my color scheme and adds a bit of feisty flair to my wedding attire! mom's comment: does it really have feathers on it? yes, mom, it does. love it! do you?

i realized that i had promised y'all a while back that i would post my inspiration board that prompted me to use the green apple/black combo. in my side bar, you see that i've listed "snippet & ink" as one of my favorite wedding sites. i can't count how many hours i've perused this blog. one day, i believe it was even before andrew and i were engaged, i found this: i decided (and not just because the bride in the center could possibly be my future self) that this would be the scene to shoot for. i love the colors together, and it definitely has a unique quality. you don't see the 2 colors together all that often. yay me! i'm not sick of seeing them together yet, either! yet!

since i'm in the blogging mood today and feeling generous, i'm going to share two of the most essential pieces for the wedding party:


so sharp! the ladies will be wearing the sophia dress from j.crew, and the men a joseph feiss black tuxedo - tres chic.
ok ok! that's enough suprises spoiled for 1 day! hopefully this gets y'all looking forward to the date as much as i am! love y'all!

1 comment:

MeredithT said...

I'm in love with the garter...hopefully I can add another to my collection especially this fun one!:) Thanks for sharing all the details. I love it!

Older Older