1.26.2011

number 61

if you’ve noticed that my blog header has changed in the past day and thought to yourself “laura doesn’t live in a big city” you would be mistaken. as of saturday, andrew and i are proud to be residents of charlotte, north carolina!! we spent the weekend getting settled in and acclimated to our new place and basically falling in love with our new town.

downtown_charlotte_nc

without having a job yet, i’ve had a lot of time on my hands to explore my surroundings and my mind has been hooked on interior decorating. since we’re renting, i’ve decided that in hopes of saving some time and effort, i won’t be painting the walls. we painted our last apartment and LOVED it, but were only around to enjoy it for a little over a year. without the paint, i’m now on the hunt now for chic design on a budget. enter copy cat chic. go there now.

and since i’ve been looking forward to this all through my blogging hiatus, i’m linking up to join in on the fun with

WILW

YAY! i’m SO excited! my list is going to seem really mundane to most, but they’re all small luxuries that i’ve been living without for the past year+.

I’M LOVING my dishwasher and garbage disposal. laugh it up. dinner cleanup last night lasted about 2 minutes – tops! – with the help of boo, of course.

I’M LOVING that i did laundry this afternoon and was able to do as many loads as i wanted and didn’t have to walk down to a musty basement to get to the washer/dryer!

I’M LOVING going to bed at night not hearing ambulance sirens and semi-trucks outside our bedroom window. don’t be deceived, we live IN the city, just not on a major highway anymore. i’m loving our silent nights (with the exception of a couple of kitty pitter-patters).

I’M LOVING my new color scheme for our master bedroom. i picked up a pretty throw and a couple of pillows at homegoods (thanks al) yesterday to coordinate with my white down comforter. i’m pleased so far. here’s what i’ve come up with:

Untitled-1

i could go on and on, I’ll wrap it up by saying that I’M LOVING my husband for working today in this gross rainy weather just to bring home the bacon.

who wants to throw me a ‘welcome back to blogging’ party?

2 comments:

Brooke said...

BEAUTIFUL picture!!! Cute blog! :) Happy Wednesday!

A.M. said...

SO glad you are back. I will throw you a party....when you come visit!!! xoxoxoxo I (and Virginia) miss you

Older Older