1.27.2011

number 62

how is it that celebrity candid photos look like they just woke up, threw on “whatever” and somehow make it look stylish enough that i want to copy it? is it that every item they own is THAT stylish, so everything they put on just looks fantastic?  i understand that there definitely are exceptions this theory, but this is what i mean:

Reese-Out-in-Brentwood-reese-witherspoon-9505026-890-1222   img-004

ok, so maybe reese is the only celebrity in my theory because she really does ALWAYS looks great. i realize that this “i don’t really care, i just threw on things in hopes that they look good together” is my current style and it’s not working for me so much. yes, i’m in a style funk. revamping my wardrobe isn’t going to be something i can swing while i’m “between jobs”, but i can get my game plan together.

does anyone have any suggestions for great style blogs? or a fashion version of copy cat chic? i understand that i can’t wear forever 21 forever (hah, despite its ironic name), and  i’ll have to break down and spend a little on some important staples – maybe some tory burch flats or a great pair of jeans. and maybe once i have a new job, that won’t be such a shock to my wallet.

so here we go: help! send me links! i need a little guidance on my new endeavor. i’d like to keep the anthropologie-jcrew-modcloth feel that i strive for now, just amped up.

No comments:

Older Older