6.05.2012

number 122

whoops! the day’s halfway gone, and i'm just getting a chance to fulfill my promise from yesterday! hope you’ll link up with me:Take Me There Tuesday Blog Button

i have to admit, i've been feeling a little homesick lately. not for virginia, or even for my parents, but for arkansas.

i mentioned here that i was born and raised in helena, arkansas right on the mississippi river. i love being from the south. something about the slow pace and spending precious time with far-away family just warms my heart. i had a long conversation with my nana on sunday, who still lives there, which just made me miss it [and her] that much more. Arkansas

image via

andrew and i are throwing around the idea of a fall trip just in time for the 27th annual king biscuit blues festival. i went to the very first one when i was just under a month old! i guess mom really wanted to party. haha, i kid! this year is sure to be unforgettable: headlining this year is the blues beauty herself, bonnie raitt! summer vacation is obviously #1 on my “trips i'm looking forward to” but this comes in a close 2nd. maybe it's just knowing that i'll get to stop by the bar-b-q shop in memphis on the way in!

so tell me,

where’s this tuesday taking you?

No comments:

Older Older