12.18.2012

NUMBER 193

i was fortunate enough to not only be born into a cooking family, but i married into one as well. both my mom and andrew's mom are excellent cooks, so when holiday gatherings roll around, i usually don't have very many responsibilities. my contributions usually fall into 1 of 3 categories: drinks, desserts, or appetizers. so here are a few recipes i've been eyeballing:
*disclaimer: i have not yet attempted any of these recipes, nor can i vouch for their deliciousness. this is simply me, staring at food, thinking it looks good!
DRINKS

gingerbread martini

Pomegranate Prosecco
pomegranate prosecco

Drinks-3.jpg
blood orange cocktail (no alcohol)

sangria
sangria (my favorite recipe - sub sprite for carbonated water!)

APPETIZERS
CrabDip
hot crab dip

IMG_3407
hot crawfish dip

How clever!  Just cut a cream cheese block on the diagonal to have the pieces to make a tree shape.  Then add some bell pepper decorations and some pepper jelly (and Wheat Thins of course), and you have an awesomely cute appetizer!
cream cheese and pepper jelly (no recipe necessary!)

Rosemary Apple & Goat Cheese Crostini
rosemary apple & goat cheese crostini

DESSERTS

Gingerbread brownies
gingerbread brownies with cream cheese frosting

Oreo Truffles
oreo truffles - i CAN vouch for these, it's my go-to and they're SO GOOD, esp straight out of the fridge!


red velvet cheesecake – anyone made this? looks amazing!

Gingerbread Cheesecake Bites.  4 Ingredients!
gingerbread cheesecake bites
those cheesecake bites are TOO adorable and might just be my winner this year for the desserts! are you trusted with a main dish? or are you a “dinner accessory” gal like myself? if so, what’s your go-to recipe?

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Wow, these all look delish! Believe it or not, I've never been asked to bring a dish to a family event! I'm still considered one of the "kids" :) haha!

A Mode World said...

That pomegranate prosecco looks so good I will have to give it a go :) xA

Brooke said...

Mmmmmm, they all look so good! Loving that red velvet cheesecake idea!

Brooke =)

Cooking Recipes said...

Nice, I found this blog very useful for me, Great informative information.

Older Older