2.13.2013

NUMBER 211

forever.fw

tomorrow is valentines day, and i find that most people either really love or really despise the holiday. although i'm incredibly thankful for my valentine (and love receiving something sweet from him this time of year), i'm still on the fence. i don’t find myself itching to go out to a fancy restaurant or send my significant other a lengthy wishlist of luxury items. in years past, we’ve had dinner in and exchanged cards, and i'm expecting (and looking forward to) this year to be no different. the discussion so far has been: to get in a good workout (thinking the gym will be pretty dead), stop somewhere after to get some delicious takeout (tbd), and maybe indulge in a homemade treat for dessert (again…tbd). to me, valentine’s day is about spending time with those who mean the most to you: husbands, parents, girlfriends, close friends – and letting them know that they are appreciated and loved. it doesn’t matter how much you spend, what you wear, or how good you are at writing love letters. what matters most is love… and maybe, chocolate.

4 comments:

elle rae-marie said...

chocolate...YES please. I agree though. Valentines Day should be more about just spending time with the ones you love, no matter who they are! Maybe I say that since I am single and almost 30, and I am sure my thought process will change when I am in love...but until then....HAPPY VDAY! :)

Whitney said...

I seriously don't get the hate on Valentine's Day. It's such a fun thing! People take it way too seriously. Happy Valentine's Day!

With Love, Jesika said...

Valentines is definitely just that!! Spending it with those you enjoy and love!!
I tried to link-up to your social sites and I found myself to their homepages.
But I will soon search for ou via instagram /twitter!
Happy Valentines Day!!

With Love, Jesika said...

Valentines is definitely just that!! Spending it with those you enjoy and love!!
I tried to link-up to your social sites and I found myself to their homepages.
But I will soon search for ou via instagram /twitter!
Happy Valentines Day!!

Older Older