10.11.2013

NUMBER 266

happy friday! i'm back with part 2 of “laura spends the whole weekend being super productive” with the much awaited chalkboard and table reveals! yay! along with those fun things, i'm doing the “friday usual” – linking up with my favorites for five on friday! [christina, darci, april, and natasha!]

a little while back, i saw emily from jones design company post her fall wreath on instagram, and i went out of my way to pin it because i knew i wanted one JUST like it! $20 later, i had my own, and i LOVE it!

20130916_185032

THIS guy is at our house for the weekend, and i could not be more excited! my parents are visiting arkansas until sunday, so we’re keeping my puppy brother until they’re back. our life is about to get a little more crazy as a 3-pet family!

20131010_173206

is there anything better than a man that cooks? i made a HUGE pot of vegetable soup sunday and we’ve been eating it all. week. long. wednesday night, andrew decided to reward our healthy eating efforts by making a batch of his mama’s homemade buttermilk biscuits. that man knows the way to my heart!

500

drumroll please….

YAY! TABLE! ok, so it’s not all that crazy and exciting, but it’s beautiful and perfect to me! i spent the better half of the week sanding, staining, and polyurethane-ing, and i'm so happy to see the final product looking beautiful in the dining room. our $30 bought the table and 2 leaves that will accommodate more friends! now on to the chairs…i'm thinking of these beauties from world market or these…or these…[on major major sale, obv. you know how this lady does shopping.] sidenote: should i chalk paint my china cabinet?

20131010_175948_LLS 20131010_180220_LLS

can you spot the big kitty?

20131010_180458_LLS

and finally…my chalkboard! i'm not going to show you my freehanded attempt [definitely not my best work], but trust me - darci’s tutorial on chalkboard art truly saved the day!  my artwork is from clarendon lane – i just love it! i still think andrew thinks i've lost it, wanting a chalkboard in our living room, but i think he’ll become a fan soon: he has free reign over the board at the end of every month. how nice am i?

20131010_181650_LLS

it’s supposed to be goooorgeous this weekend [i think?!], and i'm looking forward to being home in charlotte for the 4th weekend in a row! hope you have a good one too!

HAPPY [FALL] WEEKEND!

14 comments:

Alexa said...

I'm swooning over your beautiful table! Good job, girlfriend!! And as a blogger, I think it's my obligation to say YES to the chalk-painting your china cabinet, is it not? :) Happy weekend!

Cherish {A Girl, A Guy & A Golden} said...

Your home is SO adorable! You did a fabulous job on the table & I NEED one of those chalkboards! I've been looking for a frame for a while and never find a good one that has a cheap price tag. I always revert back to buying a pretty {but pricey} frame from Hob Lob then decide to wait. Love the chairs you picked, I think Cassie at Hi Sugarplum has the first set from Overstock and pretty sure she did a review on them and gave them 2 thumbs up. Whichever ones you pick you can't go wrong. Enjoy that sweet pup and have a fabulous weekend!

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

$30??? Amazing! Yes to chalkpaint! I am so in love with ours, it's perfect for our room. Love your chalkboard, I need to beautify mine its been blank for 6 months!

Carolina Charm said...

I didn't know Andrew was such a chef!!! JEALOUS!

Do the kitties mix well with your puppy bro?

And my goodness, you have definitely been productive! The table, chalkboard and wreath = PERFECTION! I love that Andrew gets to take over the chalkboard. haha. If I let Matt have at it, he would probably put something inappropriate up.

Mariel C. said...

You did an awesome job on that table! I have done a few sanding/poly jobs, and the pedestal tables are the hardest! I love the look of mismatched chairs, so you should get 6 of one and have the 2 head chairs (when you have your leaves in) be a different style. Those all coordinate so well together.

Definitely like the idea of chalk painting the cabinet. Cream? Or a pop of color?

Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

aaa that wreath and your chalkboard...PERFECTION! i especially love the flower on the wreath. such a sweet touch!

xx
elise
cheersyall-thehoustons.blogspot.com

[darci @ the good life] said...

FRIEND!!! The chalkboard looks amazing... I absolutely love it. And seriously - your home is gorgeous!! Love the style!

And I about died when I read that you are keeping your puppy brother. Hilarious!

Hope y'all have a great weekend, dear!

Jen said...

Awesome job on the table! I wish I could find an amazing piece and be able to do that. I'm not very handy though...ha! Oh and just a FYI that World Market is having their friends and family 25% off sale this weekend. I just picked up 2 head chairs today 25% off, so if you are thinking the ones from World Market (which I love), then I would check them out this weekend :)

Happily Ever Parker said...

That looks awesome! Did you use a projector to set it up?

sara [at] journey of doing said...

Beautiful job on that chalkboard!! Pretty sure I definitely don't have those skills!

April of Smidge Of This said...

Oh my word that TABLE, you did a perfect job with it! What a labor of love, I still can't get over that price!

A husband that bakes you biscuits is a keeper!

Amanda | Kids and Cabernet said...

My hubby is the cook in our family too - love it!! Your dining room and entrance table both are so pretty!!

Unknown said...

LOVE that wreath! I'm DYING to know where you found all the lovelies you used to dress up the grapevine wreath??

Whitney said...

Oh Laura, your place is GORGEOUS!! Seriously. I love it. I definitely need a fall wreath. I'd love to hear your veggie soup recipe!

Older Older