10.16.2013

NUMBER 267

lips
this is the lipstick post for gals who don’t wear lipstick. my lips are pretty pigmented, so i feel washed out with most nudes, and i don’t have the confidence level for a bold red. i can’t count the times that i've swiped a bright hue on my lips…only to end up wiping it off before walking out the door. is that just me? red girls – what’s your secret? i'm slowly getting more comfortable having some color on there, and i've found a handful of creamy natural colors that are helping me make the transition. here’s a quick lineup of my favorites that i've kept on for longer than 10 minutes…(left to right)
maybelline  | color whisper 80 – made it mauve
maybelline  | 245 blushing brunette
cover girl  |  265 romance
revlon  |  613 just enough buff
bobbi brown  |  2 biege

9 comments:

A.M. said...

I am normally a pink lipstick person (surprised? I think not...) but some of these look very tempting... you should take pics in all of them so we can see them ON you :)

Violet Clouds said...

I tend to stick to tinted lip balms but for drama I do love my MAC's Russian Red. It has the right amount of blue tones in it for my skin tone and I tend to wear it with black/darker coloured clothes so it doesn't seem too stark.

Cherish {A Girl, A Guy & A Golden} said...

I am the exact same way! I see girls wearing pretty pinks, corals and reds, I buy them, put them on for 2 seconds then chicken out and wipe them off. I end up wearing lots of glosses and occasionally a lipstick shade similar to the ones you mention. Will have to keep these in mind when I need a new one!

melissa said...

I'm not a lipstick person either so this post is right up my alley. I've experimented with red and like you, I never make it out the door wearing it. I'll have to keep these shades in mind!

melissa said...

A recommendation too. I love Clinique's Almost Lipstick for a touch of color that's a little less scary for us non-lipstick people. :) My favorite is Spicy Honey.

Bri Buzali said...

I'm totally a "don't feel comfortable in bright bold lips" girl, so I'm going to have to check these out!

[darci @ the good life] said...

I'm the most boring / predictable person ever when it comes to lipstick---- I just can't pull off the fun, vibrant colors that everyone else can!!

Great round-up... there's a few I might have to try! :)

Happy day, friend!

April of Smidge Of This said...

I love this post! I have recently been having a lot of fun with highly pigmented brights but I still occasionally have that "uhhh - too much" moment. I am in love with MAC Plumful - it's a bit darker than a typical mauve so it's my "dressier" lipstick but still a good natural.

Anonymous said...

I love all these colors! This is the only kind of lipstick color I wear.. a rose color.

I love meeting other graphic designers! Your work is amazing :)

Older Older