10.25.2013

NUMBER 269

it’s been one of those weeks where watching scary movies and curling up by the fire has taken priority over blog posts, that’s allowed right? however, i'm staying true to my friday gals by linking up with darci, april, christina, and natasha for five on friday! woo hoo! let’s go!

20131013_184537(0)fall is here, and with it has been some gorgeous carolina sunsets. this is one of my favorite skyline scenes in charlotte, and we just happen to drive by it every day on the way to work. there have been several evenings where i'll park the car and walk over the bridge just to get a better shot of this gorgeous city.
20131023_192543andrew’s gotta be commended on his dedication to healthy eating. in the past couple of weeks, he’s lost about 12 pounds just from being conscious about what he eats and working out [mostly] every day. he worked late one night this week, so i got dinner ready while he was at the office. after eating this salad for 2 nights in a row, we’ve declared it our FAVORITE salad!  get the recipe here for the skinny grilled buffalo chicken salad [and don’t forget the homemade skinny ranch – it TOTALLY makes the meal].
20131023_214811_LLSummm… i don’t really have words for this, other than: she sleeps like this ALL the time, and i wish i could sleep this comfortably on the couch.

20131024_134403i decided to give a new local coffee shop a try this weekend and it did NOT disappoint.  i grabbed a chai latte from “not just coffee” in atherton mill and was so pleased! not only is their logo cute, but the chai hit the spot! p.s. would you believe that i've never had one of those pretty latte art drinks? i'm adding that one to the fall bucket list!
lastly, my mom is heading to town tomorrow for a girls weekend! we’re spending the day antiquing, brunching, doing girly things, then wrapping up the day with the michael buble' concert in uptown! i'm sure there will be a good amount of screaming 20-60 year old women in the crowd, and i'm SO excited to be one of them!
hope everyone has a great weekend! stay bundled up, it’s supposed to get COLD [and i secretly love it]!
HAPPY [GIRLS] WEEKEND!

12 comments:

Haley said...

I love that skyline picture you took - the gorgeous charlotte skyline was one of the first things that made me fall in love with this city when I moved here!

Carolina Charm said...

So much to say here. First of all, I love that you pulled over to take that pic. I know exactly where you took it from and I agree, the view from there is spectacular!

Congrats to Andrew on 12+ pounds! That is so impressive!

Have so much fun with your mom! What a great lineup of things to do!!

PS - Are you sleeping okay after watching Mama?! Oh man. Most terrifying movie EVER!

Mirkka R. said...

Love that skyline! It makes me miss Charlotte.... Love the sound of that salad, too. I'll give it a go next week, I think. Hope you have a great time this weekend!

Jaclyn Y said...

That salad sounds excellent, I'm going to try it out. And I adore Michael Buble, that will be so much fun! Have a great weekend

xxx
Jaclyn
Http://www.loveandbellinis.com

Meg said...

the skyline pictures is leaving me jealous...I miss seeing that on my drive home everyday!

Maran (HeyHawleywood) said...

ooh love a good chai so must hit that place up. And that is a great pic!!! happy friday lady!

sara [at] journey of doing said...

I feel like a lot of people I know have been posting about Michael Buble lately... I guess he's making the rounds!

Cherish {A Girl, A Guy & A Golden} said...

That is a great picture of the skyline! I owe you an email by the way, crazy week. SO jealous you get to see Michael Buble! Have a fabulous girls weekend!

April of Smidge Of This said...

I have seen Michael Buble in concert before and he is SUCH a stellar performer. Hope it was so much fun!

Linda said...

12 pounds in 2 weeks is great. And the skyline photo is beautiful. Fall is a great time of year for scenery, fashion and just being outside.
Linda
Tailgate Queen - game day dresses

Jena Roach said...

Antiquing and The Boob (Michael Buble). Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Hope y'all had fun!

Ashley said...

Gosh I miss living in Charlotte so much! The skyline there is so beautiful.

Older Older